Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tribute to my friend :)

I just got back from a day at the pool, but it wasn't just any old trip to the pool......we met my friend Tracy and her girls there. Tracy moved to Iowa just a little over a year ago, and this is the first time we've gotten to see each other since. Of course my girls were excited as her daughters were some of their best friends, but secretly, I think I was more excited!

Tracy and I have known each other for a little over 8 years. She was one of the first to really make me feel welcome here in Houston, and of all people, it was probably hardest for her to do. But she did, and I love her for it. I won't go into all the details, but she was best friends with my husband's first wife who passed away shortly before I met him. She was only beginning the grieving process when I pop into the scene, and so you can only imagine what COULD have happened. But she is an amazing person and I'm so glad that I have had the chance to know her too. I miss her a ton, but I know that she is where God wants her. I was just so glad that I got to see her today (and tonight, and tomorrow, and Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday) :D

Thanks for letting me share....I doubt she'll ever read this, but at least you all got to hear a little about a cool chick named Tracy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment