Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A second endorsement

OK....I know that I blogged about e-mealz just a few days ago, but I hadn't actually tested it yet. I had just subscribed and printed off the first weeks of meal plans. Now I've actually test driven it, and I'm a HUGE fan!

I printed off the copy of the week's menu, sat down and, in about 15 minutes, decided the order that I wanted for the meals, any changes I wanted to make, and crossed off everything on the shopping list that I already had on hand. I went shopping on Sunday afternoon for all the ingredients for the week's recipes, and I only spent $36 and about 20 minutes! That's for 6 complete dinner meals! I figured that it would have been around $55-60 if you included everything I already had, but that's STILL a great total, and WAY cheaper than eating out like we've been doing.

So, Monday I made the first meal in the plan...Chicken Tortilla Casserole and a Salad. It was good, the kids enjoyed it, and there were plenty of leftovers for our "leftover night" that I added in (instead of making one of the meals one night). I wasn't so sure about the recipe for Tuesday night....Christi's Wild Rice Soup because I don't really like wild rice. BUT, it was SO SO good! James even ate twice (once at meal time and once later in the evening) and he is not big on soups. It was coupled with homemade pita chips and sliced cantaloupe. Another family-pleasing meal! The recipes were easy too, and prep time took no longer than 30 mins (for the soup....the casserole's prep was more like 10 minutes)

So, all this to say that I think I've quickly become the biggest fan of e-mealz! Not since The Grocery Game have I endorsed and shared a website/business this strongly. I truly believe this is a great tool for helping families save money, moms (or dads or even singles) save time and frustration, and families to spend more time together over a home-cooked meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment