Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yummy, yummy soup!

I just wanted to share a recipe for Wild Rice Soup that we had for dinner tonight because it is SO good! It is an E-Mealz recipe and one that I've made before. It actually wasn't on this week's list, but I substituted it in because (as I've said before), I love it!

It is a potato based soup that has wild rice and cheese in it. I don't even care for wild rice that much, but it works in this recipe. We had it along with wheat rolls and cantaloupe for a crowd pleasing meal (well, except for Dakota who doesn't like ANYTHING!)

Here's the recipe:

1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 small onion - chopped (I used frozen chopped onions instead)
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 lb Velveeta

Cook the rice per the directions (this takes 25 minutes....just so you know ahead of time. The rest of the soup is very quick to make)

Mix soup, onion, milk, and butter in large saucepan. When heated, add Velveeta in small chunks and stir until smooth. When soup is smooth, add cooked rice.

That's all there is to it. We add crumbled bacon to the top for an extra special treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment