Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another WOW recipe!

....and I wasn't expecting to like it that much either, but boy was I wrong! Tonight I made another recipe from E-Mealz, Crustless Spinach Quiche and it was SO good! The kids (except for the usual suspect) loved it too. I'm not a huge spinach or quiche fan either (I'll eat it in stuff, but it's not my favorite), but this was the exception. And it was really easy to make too. I will definitely be making this again!

Here's the recipe:

10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
8 oz shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup cream
1/3 cup prepared pesto (this is next to the pasta sauces....it was hiding way up on the top shelf at Kroger)
5 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese, and mix remaining ingredients. Pour in greased pie plate and cook for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese and heat until melted. Serve with spaghetti sauce or marinara for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like something that could be made into a low-fat version using ff or rf mozzarella, ff half and half, and Egg Beaters. Don't know about the pesto, though. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete